Fairfax County Closures
Mass Gatherings and Community Events:
· CDC reccomends no public gatherings more than 50 people
· For events of any size (public or private), organizers and participants each have a responsibility to reduce the chance of disease transmission.
· Persons considering attending any event, regardless of the number of people attending should consider the risks and benefits in deciding to attend. In particular, those who are at high-risk of severe disease if they become infected – persons who are older than 60 years old, have chronic illness, have a compromised immune system, are pregnant – should know the status of COVID-19 in the community and not attend the event if local infection is widespread.
Fairfax County Public Schools
· All FCPS school buildings are now closed until further notice.
· With the school buildings closed, the laptop distribution scheduled for tomorrow is postponed.
· All FCPS administrative offices are closed until further notice.
· Only essential personnel as defined by FCPS will be asked to report to work until further notice. All other employees will work remotely.
Food distributions will continue through the closures, now at 18 locations. Breakfast will be available from 8 am to 10:30 am and lunch will be available from 10:30 am to 2 pm, Monday-Friday at the following locations:
· Annandale Terrace ES, 7604 Herald St., Annandale
· Bailey’s Primary ES, 6111 Knollwood Dr., Falls Church
· Braddock ES, 7825 Heritage Dr., Annandale
· Brookfield ES, 4200 Lees Corner Rd, Chantilly
· Burke School, 9645 Burke Lake Rd., Burke
· Centre Ridge ES, 14400 New Braddock Rd., Centreville
· Crestwood ES, 6010 Hanover Ave., Springfield
· Cunningham Park ES, 1001 Park St., Vienna
· Dogwood ES, 12300 Glade Dr., Reston
· Garfield ES, 7101 Old Keene Mill Rd., Springfield
· Graham Road Community Center, 3036 Graham Rd., Falls Church
· Fort Belvoir Upper ES, 5980 Meeres Rd., Fort Belvoir
· Hutchison ES, 13209 Parcher Ave., Herndon
· Hybla Valley ES, 3415 Lockheed Blvd., Alexandria
· London Towne ES, 6100 Stone Rd., Centreville
· Mount Vernon Woods ES, 4015 Fielding St., Alexandria
· Providence ES, 3616 Jermantown Rd., Fairfax
· Weyanoke ES, 6520 Braddock Rd., Alexandria
All students enrolled in FCPS and other County children 18 years and under receive one meal at no-cost; and, may have additional meals at no-cost upon request. Adults may purchase breakfast and lunch meals at a cost of $2.00.
For more information on FCPS’s response to coronavirus click here
. For more on food distribution and other community based resources that offer food assistance for students and families click here
Fairfax County Government
· All County agencies have been directed to identify core functions that we must continue to carry out. We are shifting resources to those essential functions, as needed.
· We strongly encourage residents to conduct County business online if possible.
Fairfax County Parks, Libraries, and Community Facilities
· This includes: recreation, nature, community, resource and teen centers, golf courses, historic sites, athletic fields, and picnic shelters.
· Beginning Monday, March 16, Fairfax County will provide meal delivery services to registered participants who wish to obtain them.
Information on other Fairfax County Services
For the latest from the Health Department on COVID-19:
· Sign up for text message alerts: text FFXCOVID to 888777
· Call the Health Department from 9:30 am to 9 pm weekdays and 9:30 am to 5 pm on weekends.: 703-267-3511
If you have further questions or are in need of services, below are some good references:
Neighborhood and Community Services provides access and referrals to both government and community-based resources for assistance with, but not limited to: food, shelter, employment, financial assistance, and healthcare.
· Call: 703-222-0880, TTY 711
· Monday-Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm
Community-based resources for food assistance and donations can again be found here
For small businesses in need of relief, we have created a webpage
that we will continue to update with guidance.
We have reached out to area utility companies to assure that they are working to protect those at risk of utility disconnection. We have received confirmations from:
· Verizon, Comcast, and Cox, have pledged to keep customers connected for the next 60 days and not terminate services to any residential customer or small business that are unable to pay their bills. Read more
· Dominion Energy suspended disconnections. Read more
· Washington Gas will be waiving late fees and suspending disconnections. Read more
Fairfax Connector Bus
· There have been no changes to Fairfax Connector services, however cleaning protocols have been reviewed and updated.
· Increased vehicle cleaning cycles are occurring with a special focus on bus interiors and critical touchpoints. These cleanings incorporate disinfection procedures indicated to be effective against COVID-19.
· METRORAIL service:
· Monday-Friday: Trains will operate every 12 minutes on each line throughout the day. The rail system will maintain normal hours, opening at 5 am.
· Saturday: Trains will operate every 12 minutes on each line, with service from 7 am until 1 am (normal Saturday service).
· Sunday: Trains will operate every 15 minutes on each line, with service from 8 am until 11:00 pm. (normal Sunday service).
· METROBUS service:
· Weekend bus schedules are unchanged.
· WMATA also asks that customers do not use Metro to go to healthcare appointments if you are showing signs of illness.